TickTalk works like a standalone cell phone, designed specifically for kids with only the positive aspects of a smartphone. Founded in Southern California in 2016, TickTalk is a safe introduction to technology with no games, social media, or internet access and works with you in control of the features you want your child to use.
TickTalk 4 comes packed with all the features parents could want and children could need in one smart device:
- 2-way voice and video calling with up to 53 parent-approved contacts and 2 shortcut dialing icons directly on your watch home screen
- Secure Messaging Center with end-to-end encryption to allow your child to safely communicate with your trusted contacts using Talk-To-Text dictated messages, unlimited customized preset text responses, voice recordings, GIFs, emojis, photo messages, and more
- 3-Way Locating using GPS, Wi-Fi and cellular tower technology
- 20+ Parental Controls in our free TickTalk app with Emergency SOS contacts, Firewall to block unknown numbers, the ability to enable and disable features directly from your phone, and more
- 2x 5-megapixel Selfie and Snapshot photo and video cameras for your child to capture memories
- Activity Tracker with Daily Step Goals and a Step Championship to compete with friends while encouraging a more active lifestyle
- Free streaming of thousands of kid-friendly songs, podcasts, and stories powered by iHeartRadio Family* at no extra cost (only available for U.S. customers)
- Reminders, Alarms and Do Not Disturb Class Mode to make staying on task simple while encouraging your child to be more independent
What makes TickTalk different from other children’s smartwatches is that our products are designed internally from start to finish to offer our customers the highest level of security over their child’s private information. When we launched our first-generation, we realized most of our competitors have generic parental control apps riddled with privacy loopholes and hacking opportunities. We decided early on to build our own R&D team, despite being a startup, to design both our parental control app and smartwatch in-house, offering 24/7 security over our backend with end-to-end encrypted messaging and one of the world’s most secure cloud servers powered by AWS to protect user data.